Jump to Recipe
This is a famous, classic Chinese soup that most people are familiar with. It’s served in most Chinese restaurants and made in the homes of Chinese families across the world. I thought it was a perfect recipe for our blog because well, it’s Asian and what do you know, it’s low-carb/keto friendly! There are many different recipes for this classic soup but here is our version of delicious, comforting egg drop soup.
**We used 33% less sodium chicken broth for this recipe, so our recipe called for slightly more salt. If you use regular chicken broth, be sure to adjust salt accordingly so it’s not too salty.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 3M
Cook Time 5M
Total Time 8M
Net Carb/Serving ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Meanwhile, beat eggs in a bowl.
4) Finely chop green onions and set aside.
5) When chicken broth reaches a boil, turn off heat and immediately stream eggs into the pot while stirring soup slowly in a circle.
6) Ladle soup in bowls, top with green onions and serve hot!
Hope you enjoy our Keto-fied Egg Drop Soup! If you are looking for other tasty soups to complement your meal, be sure to check out our Recipe Index with over 150+ Asian inspired low-carb/keto recipes!
Egg Drop Soup
- 2 Cans Chicken Broth 14.5oz per can
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Salt (dash)
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper (dash)
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Stalk Green Onion
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Heat chicken broth in a large stove top pot over medium heat. Add soy sauce, salt, white pepper and xanthan gum and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a bowl.
- Finely chop green onions and set aside.
- When chicken broth reaches a boil, turn off heat and immediately stream eggs into the pot while stirring soup slowly in a circle.
- Ladle soup in bowls, top with green onions and serve hot!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*